During the past five months I’ve experienced a wide variety of unusual symptoms, both neurological and others. Some of these have come and gone, some still remain but are less prominent:
- Weakness in arms and legs
- Intense dreams and waking up multiple times during the night
- Weight loss – 10kg in 5 months
- Getting tired after minor physical activity
- Neurological stuff – pins and needles, hands getting numb at night, muscles twitching, etc.
- Mood swings and angry outbursts
- Unusual blood pressure variations
- Ringing in the ears, mild vertigo, and headaches
In time I’ve gotten used to the weakness and I’ve adjusted my activities to include frequent rest breaks during the day. I’ve also limited the number of physical activities, and as far as exercise goes it’s only walking for now.
The weight loss is a bit concerning since it’s quite rapid and unplanned, but I like the fact that I am now at my ideal weight. Hopefully, it stays here 🙂
The most unpleasant symptoms are the pins and needles that still appear and disappear without any logic or sense. Plus, they get worse in the evenings, so I am guessing they are somewhat linked to the body and mind getting tired at the end of the day. I usually feel them on my hands and arms, but sometimes they appear on the neck, and scalp as well.
Well there it is, my collection of symptoms. Hopefully the list doesn’t grow bigger as I progress into recovery. Next, I’ll be writing about lifestyle changes I’ve made and treatments I’ve tried, so stay tuned.